Jay Wilkes opened the meeting with an update on the Blankets Creek parking lot expansion project. The project is going out to bid next month and construction is expected to start in July 2012 with a 6 month completion time.
Lisa Randall provided an update on the Dirty Duathlon race scheduled for April. Registration is strong and plans are being finalized. Lisa also confirmed a total of $9,100 in contributions to SORBA Woodstock are set for 2012. Her goal is to reach $10,000.
Jay set the February work party details for the Dwelling Loop reroute.
Jay continued with more news for Blankets Creek:
- New bridge on Mosquito Bite completed.
- The boulders for the skills area will be picked up this week.
- Tweaks continue on the Dwelling alt-line.
- Mosquito Flat extension will be receiving crush-and-run turnpiking.
- We’ve identified a drainage issue on Kevorkian and will be attempting a fix during the upcoming work party.
- Boy Scouts will be working on building benches for the expanded Dwelling trailhead as well as a tool locker for the Holler Wall.
Charlie and Ken have started work on the third loop for the Explorer trail at Rope Mill.
Mark Taylor provided some news for the Bike Patrol:
- Mark installed hooks on the patrol boards at each trail head.
- Each Patroller now has a name badge to hang on these hooks while riding the trails.
- Volunteers are needed for the SE Expo.
- Request has been made for Patollers at the Sling Shot race on March 4th.
- Ken Franklin will taking the BP Instructor training.
Jay closed the meeting after a brief Q&A.